To get Europe back on the road to inclusive, sustainable growth we need to (re)kindle Europe’s entrepreneurial spirit. This Horizon2020 project will develop Financial and Institutional Reforms to build an Entrepreneurial Society (FIRES) in Europe.
This reform strategy necessarily builds on Europe’s rich and diverse history. In this project we therefore bring together scholars from such diverse fields as history, economics, geography and law to formulate our proposals.
Moreover, FIRES aims to formulate practical reform proposals in the realms of finance, labor and knowledge to enable the small scale, experimental and innovative bottom up activity that is needed to revitalize Europe’s economy in the 21st century. To ensure practical relevance and applicability we will engage the relevant stakeholders throughout the project.
So join us in shaping the entrepreneurial revolution!
Follow us on:
- Ameritech Chair of Economic Development, Indiana University
There are no more excuses for a lackadaisical economy in Europe. What it takes to create an entrepreneurial society will surprise people -- it's not what most people typically expect. The Berlin meeting showed that the entrepreneurial society is alive and thriving, (even) in the European context. The pathbreaking work by FIRES makes it clear that places in Europe have only themselves to blame for not paying attention and not learning about the primacy of the entrepreneurial society and what it actually takes to join the entrepreneurial society.
- Associate Professor of International Macroeconomics
The transition to a more entrepreneurial society in Europe is urgent and desirable. It creates more opportunities for more people and helps Europe develop and scale the solutions to urgent societal challenges. I am thrilled that the European Commission has decided to fund this project.
- #brexit Europe loses #10 on #gedi index. A blow to Europe's #entrepreneurialsociety?3 days ago
- RT @wjliebregts : Not just more entrepreneurship, but ambitious forms of entrepreneurship. Including intrapreneurship. @H2020Fires https://t…3 weeks ago
- This weekend reviewing the excellent submissions to the @IECERconference FIRES track. The track will be great!3 weeks ago